You're invited...

I began what was formerly "The Belly Blog" in order to share our journey through maternity. Well, for whatever reason, I dropped the ball. Being that Tucker is now 19 months old, I could never possibly totally bring it up to speed, so I'll just start anew. I want to be able to record ideas and notions for Tucker to have one day. I want to remember what it's like day by day.

I also would like to invite you to share memories and/or pictures of my mother. It makes my heart very sad that Tucker will never know her and that I'll never know her as an adult woman knows her mother. I want to be able to pass my memories of her on to Tucker. If you have a thought, please add it. Many thanks!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The News is Out!




We wanted to share our news with our families all at once, but unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, that didn't happen. Both families were going to get together to celebrate the birthdays of Wesley and his brother Clark, but Wesley's Uncle Glen had to be hospitalized, and it just wasn't a time for celebration.

On Sunday, September the 26th, we went to Wesley's parents' house at 11:00 am. Wesley had told them to meet us there because we had to talk to them. He had to tell Betty that so she would come home from the hospital for a moment. She, of course, had worried about what was going on! She collects Hallmark ornaments, so I found one that said, "Mommy-to-Be Angel." It had a pregnant gal holding pickles and ice cream. Anyway, she opened it, and said, "OHHHHHHHHHHH, Bobby!" (Wesley's Dad) She handed it to him, and he couldn't make heads or tails of it. She explained what it said and said to him, "Well, if it's not me, then who is it?" In true Bobby fashion, he proceeded to say, "Well, I guess Rusty's going to have to take a back seat." Priceless!

We had a 1:00 appointment at my dad's house, so we took chicken and said we were celebrating Wesley's birthday. Dad recently went to Alaska, so he said he had something for us. I reciprocated and handed him a wrapped picture frame of the latest ultrasound. He opened it and looked at it. He turned it around and around and around...Clueless! I said, "Dad, are you kidding?" I mean, the frame said "Little Wonder." Anyway, he finally got it and started laughing. We put the magnetic frame on the fridge and called Philip to the kitchen. I asked him to get ice, hoping he would see it. Nope! We had to point it out. He let out a moan/gasp sort of sound and walked away and then back. Funny stuff. He didn't really know what to think.

I couldn't get in touch with my sister Cari all day, but I kept trying. I finally was able to get her and told her there was something she had to see online. After many failed attempts, she was able to pull up this blog and said, "REALLLLLYYYYY?"

Wesley's brother Clark read the annoucement and laughed. It was a really fun day. I just love seeing the reaction people have!

During the next two days, people began getting the annoucements in the mail, and our phones rang and rang! We have never felt so loved in all of our lives. It seems much more real now to us. So, so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment