You're invited...

I began what was formerly "The Belly Blog" in order to share our journey through maternity. Well, for whatever reason, I dropped the ball. Being that Tucker is now 19 months old, I could never possibly totally bring it up to speed, so I'll just start anew. I want to be able to record ideas and notions for Tucker to have one day. I want to remember what it's like day by day.

I also would like to invite you to share memories and/or pictures of my mother. It makes my heart very sad that Tucker will never know her and that I'll never know her as an adult woman knows her mother. I want to be able to pass my memories of her on to Tucker. If you have a thought, please add it. Many thanks!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Name Game!

Oh, my! This is why we didn't even think about names before we knew the sex. You all know my wonderful husband. He is a very, um, we'll say,...passionate...person about UT football. I have known that since the day he suggested our wedding day be on UT's off-day. (In hindsight, that would not have been such a bad idea, I admit.) I was not prepared, however, when he verbalized his wish to name our baby boy NEYLAND. Unique, yes, but after a stadium?! Maybe we should just call him FIELD GOAL and forget about it! I'm not saying that I have any bright ideas in the name department, but I sure didn't see that one coming.

Neyland, Neyland, Bo Beyland
Banana Fanna Fo Feyland...
Nah!

I love you, Wesley.

Update: Oh, the irony! We named him Tucker. Can't do the name game with THAT one! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny and Wesley -

    We are so happy for you!! Jenny I hate to tell you this but I know a boy named Neyland!!! Can't wait to meet Wesley, Jr. Dex and Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny and Wesley!
    You're going to be great parents...how exciting! I am so happy for you. Oh, and there was a little boy at the YMCA nursery this summer when I dropped Bonnie off named Neyland...and yes, he was wearing a Tennessee shirt! I wish you all the best. I am thrilled for you!
    Much love,
    Libby (Justis) Sullivan

    ReplyDelete