You're invited...

I began what was formerly "The Belly Blog" in order to share our journey through maternity. Well, for whatever reason, I dropped the ball. Being that Tucker is now 19 months old, I could never possibly totally bring it up to speed, so I'll just start anew. I want to be able to record ideas and notions for Tucker to have one day. I want to remember what it's like day by day.

I also would like to invite you to share memories and/or pictures of my mother. It makes my heart very sad that Tucker will never know her and that I'll never know her as an adult woman knows her mother. I want to be able to pass my memories of her on to Tucker. If you have a thought, please add it. Many thanks!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Big One!


On Thursday, October 22nd, we went to have our "big" ultrasound. We were nervous and excited at the same time. We knew we weren't finding out the sex of the baby at the time, but we hoped all the other news we received was good. The tech said the heart, spine, brain, and other major organs looked normal. She also said that our little bundle of joy might have a club foot. This, of course, took our breath away for a moment, but she assured us that this type of birth defect is easily corrected and poses no major obstacles for little ones. We are going back on Tuesday, October 27th to a high-risk doctor for a more in-depth ultrasound, just to take a closer look. Please keep us and baby Wyatt in your prayers. We are thankful for the news we did receive, though. The fact that the other major organs seem normal brings us comfort.


Now, for the fun part! We wanted our families to be able to find out the sex of the baby the same time we did, so we planned to have a gender jubilee. Lora Hammond, the wonderful lady who made our wedding cake and Wesley's wonderful Neyland Stadium groom's cake, agreed to help us make the big announcement. We told her we would have the ultrasound tech put the news in a sealed envelope, which we would deliver to her (without peeking!). She knew to make a pink cake for a girl or a blue cake for a boy. The color, of course, would be the actual cake, but the icing would be nondescript. We wanted to be able to cut into it and be surprised. I don't think I've been this excited about anything in a very long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment